Chicago Space & Event Rental
Read/Write Library offers a unique, cozy, and welcoming event space whether you're looking for a creative escape to host a workshop or an inspiring venue for your corporate event. With two flexible rooms, the Reading Room (pictured above, 600 sq ft) and the Exhibition Room (pictures coming soon, 1,000 sq ft), we'll help you design the perfect backdrop for your event.
To inquire about Read/Write Library hosting your Chicago event rental, please email email@example.com
Designed to be flexible, most of our furniture folds or can be moved out entirely to customize your experience. In the Reading Room, we can accommodate up to 30 with seating and 50 otherwise. The Exhibition Space accommodates 80 standing and 50 seated. The spaces are adjoined and can be combined for a joint rental to increase capacity and flexibility up to 99 people.
Our space is wheelchair accessible and offers three gender neutral restrooms. We are committed to creating safe and accessible spaces and will work to accommodate the needs of your group.
Past Space Rentals Have Included:
- Meetings and Retreats
- Weddings and Showers
- Multi-Day Intensive Classes and Workshops
- Film Location Office
- Readings and Performances
- Commercial Filming Set
- 3,300-Lumen HD Projector
- PA System (No live music, please)
- Two 4' x 6' Rolling Whiteboards (Can also be used as room dividers)
- 7' x 12' Moveable Stage
- Multiple folding tables, 30 chairs, 25 chair-desk combos, 12 stools
- Catering-Compliant Sink, Microwave, Minifridge, Coffeemaker
- You are welcome to bring your own rented chairs, tables, or anything else you need to complete your event from any vendor.
Local Caterers & Photographers We Love:
While Read/Write Library does not offer food and beverage packages, you are welcome to contract with your own caterer who may use our small kitchen, or encourage your guests to BYOB. Want to support the neighborhood while hosting your event? Awesome, us too!
- Flying Saucer Serving locally sourced, diner-inspired food on California for over 15 years. Vegan and vegetarian-friendly, offers catering.
- Spinning J More than just an incredible bakery and soda fountain, Spinning J caters or is just a block away to pick up that last minute pie.
- GlitterGuts Most famous for their live photobooths, GlitterGuts also provides roving event photography (and will make your guests look incredible whatever type of photography you choose).
- Know a great Humboldt Park restaurant, caterer, or other event pro we're missing? Let us know! We JUST started this list.
Fees are on a sliding scale depending on the length of the event, set up and take down, and the amount of revenue you intend to generate. All proceeds from our fees support the programs and operations of Read/Write Library, a 501c3 nonprofit.